My work is the sincere expression of the experiences I have lived. I bring together various ideas from my musical trips through the Mediterranean and I show them to the people, always in my own way. For me the contact with the spectator is the most important, I do not care to play for three, for three hundred, I am going to leave my soul.
I studied classical and modern at the Conservatory of Valencia and the Rotterdam CODARTS respectively. Later I studied Turkish Ney and Ottoman classical music with Ömer Erdoğdular, and Ney Arabic at the Conservatory of Cairo with Mahmoud Kamal and Mohamed Fouda. In 2007 I published my first recording as a JAZZ-7 leader. In addition to leading my own project I collaborate with groups of diverse nature: jazz, hip-hop, brazil, classical, mediterranean, medieval.
- TARIQ – Museu recors 2018
- JAZZ 7 – Enjazzats Records 2007
- Ramón Cardo Big Band – Per l’altra banda, Xàbia Jazz 2002
- Amadeu Adell – AEDO, Snibor Records, 2005
- Enjazzats Big Band – Sarabandangui, Enjazzats Records, 2006
- Esteve Molero & Cia. Catalana de Latin Jazz – Rumba pa’ Angá, Elukeyá Records 2007
- Thaïs Morell – Cancioneira, Sedajazz Records 2012
- Nacho Pereda – Y los chatarreros del amor, Maldito Records 2012
- Aljub – En minúscules, La sibil·la 2012
- Albert Sanz – Russafa Ensemble, Comboi Records 2012
- La Fera Ferotge – El món no avança, gira, Right here right now 2013
- Mara Aranda – Shephardic Legacy, Bureo 2013
- Thaïs Morell – Amarila, Sedajazz Records 2015
- Cristina Blasco – Semilla Negra, Sedajazz Records 2015
- Mara Aranda – Mare Vostrum, Picap 2015
- Nacho Pereda – Contacto, Maldito Records 2015
- Ales Cesarini – Nyabinghi, Sedajazz Records 2016
- Jota Martínez Ensemble – Instrumentos de la tradición medieval española, Círculo Rojo 2017
- Carles Dénia – Cant Espiritual Ausiàs March, Carles Dénia Música 2017
- Cristina Blasco – Com un gust meu, Sólidos Music 2018
TARIQ [NEW RELEASE]>
TARIQ (Road in arab)
Tariq is not a path from point A to point B.
It is a path from the inside out.
Tariq is a party, a dance.
The celebration through the music of the encounter between the Arab culture and the Valencian culture.
Tariq is the beginning.
There is no way back.
Tariq brings together musical echoes from the trips of Belmonte through the Mediterranean.
Egypt and Arabic music, Ottoman classical music, its Valencian roots and jazz; all well filtered by the artist’s standards, which also adds his personal touch to the charming mix, where each “maqam” or mode has its own color, and each compass, its suggestive walk.
Record in Museu Studio. Valencia 2018